Friday 18 April 2014


I haven’t written recently as most of my mornings are now spent with Old Mother shrugged, after which I go home to do my own housework and/or getting ready for work.  On my days off I’ve spent a great deal of time sleeping along with trying to have something approaching a social life so blogging has taken a backseat.

I had heard that things were not going well at the negotiations on station staffing so RMT’s announcement that they were going out on strike again isn’t much of a surprise although the fact that TSSA have chosen to remain at the table does raise questions.  My only input is that every time I’ve been through Dagenham Heathway around 8am there is a fair old queue at the ticket window, it will be interesting to see how things are going to work out after it’s closed and all that's left are the self-service machines.

1 comment:

  1. For myself, I just wanna say - and I hope this comes out right - that I always enjoy reading your posts and it's always nice to see a new one up. However, you don't owe us anything and you don't need to apologise (to me certainly) if life gets in the way. Blog if you enjoy it and when you feel like it, but don't feel obliged. As long as you keep writing, we'll keep reading. For myself, I always enjoyed the small tidbits as much as the big posts, just giving a view from the front line, any delays you'd been caught up in, unusual trips, engineering works and the various trips a central line t/op makes and what they see along the way. But just write what you wanna write, when you wanna write it and I'm sure you'll always have an audience. Take care

    ReplyDelete