Friday 13 August 2010

Very quiet couple of nights; did my first last WER train yesterday, had a few sleepers when I reached EPP around 23:30 and was expecting a load when I finished but the train was totally empty. Obviously folk on the West End of the Line are not the party animals us East End of the Line lot are.

On the way back this morning I was held at STR by some bloke standing in the doorway to hold the train while his female companion took her own sweet time getting up the stairs. Now this is annoying at the best of times but this gentleman happened to be a manager or supervisor of some description, he was clearly wearing a LUL tie with his white shirt. Unbeknownst to me one of my DMTs also boarded my train at STR, he questioned why I was so long before closing the doors and when I explained he suggested the culprit to be none other than the infamous Group Station Manager Gary Trimmer, of whom the tales are many and sometimes bizarre.


Had I known I would have closed the doors on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment